Friday, June 08, 2007

Despite the Lack of Fruit In My Apartment There Are Fruit Flies

New York City wildlife always irks me a little. Though minimal, it more often than not takes the form of vermin – ants, rats, roaches, fruit flies, roommates, etc. I’ve been fortunate to have few run-ins with these pests thanks to bi-weekly floor bleaches and compulsive dishwashing. I don’t know what these fruit flies are after, but I’d imagine they would have realized by now there is no fruit in my apartment. Or, there is, but it’s in the fridge and, well , out of their reach.

Insured for the next four months, I was supposed to go take advantage of some sort of free gym membership Oxford offers. Instead I’m sitting by my sunny window (not too sunny) with a cool glass of water (not too cool) with my super charged computer (only about halfway).

There are so many things I enjoy doing that I could be doing right now. In fact, an adventure to Coney Island crossed my mind, considering that I’ve never been and it’s rumored to close soon. Instead I’ll be booking dentist appointments, tickets to Tokyo, and finishing a stuttery monologue for some sort of showcase. A-typical afternoon?

No comments: